Our new 5-weeks creative writing workshop is designed to give you the inspiration you need to start writing.
“There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.” ― Maya Angelou
Is there an untold story inside you?
Perhaps writing has been on your mind for some time and you’ve never got round to doing it?
Do you have unfinished writing you aren’t able to pull together?
Would you like to write but have been postponing it due to a lack of time, energy, or technique?
If the answer to any of the questions above is “Yes”, then you’re the perfect candidate for our next Writing Course at Bookshop Bivar.
The workshop will provide:
- a method to start writing, even if you have no idea what to write about
- the energy and motivation to commit to a regular writing practice
- the tools and skills you need to have a finished piece of writing by the end of the course
- on-going feedback and support from a professional writing coach and trainer
- a community of like-minded people who can support and empower you on your journey
- handouts with samples of stories and nuggets of wisdom from inspiring writers
- more confidence in your ability to write and to share your writing with others
During the intensive 5-week course you will have the chance to experiment with different aspects of prose writing. The focus will be on short stories, both as a form and as a method to develop fictional skills, but the skills you gain will be applicable to any other form of writing.
Each workshop will last 2 hours, with a short break in the middle, and will include a variety of activities such as:
- writing exercises
About the teacher:
Michael had been teaching creative writing courses for over 15 years in various universities in the UK, including Greenwich University in London. Now he’s writing his second novel and organises creative writing workshops in Lisbon, the city he fell in love with.
What do former participants say?
“Excellent! Michael was charming, patient, positive, encouraging, constructive – five star!” – Phil
“Thank you Michael for making this such a smooth introduction into the creative writing world.” – Katy
“Having to come up with something to read for the last session resulted in me writing my first ever piece of fiction, so thank you” – Claire
“This is the perfect environment for anyone trying their hand at writing for the first time.” – Tony
WHEN: Tuesdays at 19h30, starting 16 January 2018
WHERE: Bookshop Bivar, Rua de Ponta Delgada 34, Lisbon
GROUP SIZE: Min 5 – Max 7
PRICE: 180 EUR
Want to know more? Write directly to michaeledwinlangan (at) hotmail.com
(Update 7.11.2017. The course planned for Nov-Dec 2017 was too near Christmas -> postponed to January 2018)